BAB on Rocky Gorge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAB on Rocky Gorge

Jerry at BassPro told me to fish fish with big stuff for the big ones at Rocky Gorge. Took all day Sunday but got a decent 20" BAB on a 3/4 oz spinner.

They're in there.

You're at Browns Bridge, right? What's the water clarity like up there?

The last couple I've caught have been near downed trees on soft plastic worms.

Comment

Are the fish picky eaters at Rocky Gorge? I've fished there a few times with some topwater and soft plastics with no luck. Normally bass in other lakes I've fished would hit the stuff I'm throwing out, but not there..
      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Rocky Gorge

Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia can be tough fishing. I've been skunked probably 6 or 7 times so far this year. Now that the water has warmed up, the fishing has improved. But soon the fish will go deep and I have trouble catching them unless I'm fishing near sunset.

Comment

Ohhhh ........ now that's a bass ....... from Rocky Gorge ........ that's a REAL good bass ......... bigger than anything I've taken from there .........

Congrats ........

Comment

Agreed. That's a bad a$$ bass! Nice fish. Congrats.

Comment

Rt 29 Bridge

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
              You're at Browns Bridge, right? What's the water clarity like up there?

The last couple I've caught have been near downed trees on soft plastic worms.

Actually Browns bridge appears to be to the west/north-west of the Rt 29 Bridge. Water clarity was two to three feet Sunday.

Comment

Is Rocky Gorge Tough?

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
                Are the fish picky eaters at Rocky Gorge? I've fished there a few times with some topwater and soft plastics with no luck. Normally bass in other lakes I've fished would hit the stuff I'm throwing out, but not there..
                I would have to say that fishing the reservoirs are tougher than the rivers. I typically get 15 to 30 smallmouth when floating the Potomac, and almost always get a few bucket mouth when fishing Piscataway Creek or even bass ponds.

Easier to find the bass on ponds, just because they're smaller and more shallow. Same for creeks and inlets - and tidal river is even better because you can fish the tides.

Comment

Your Photo, You're Right at Brown's Bridge.

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post
                  Actually Browns bridge appears to be to the west/north-west of the Rt 29 Bridge. Water clarity was two to three feet Sunday.
                  I'm talking about the photo you posted with the bass. Brown's Bridge is in the background. That bridge there is too short to be the Route 29 bridge.

The last time I fished up there a month ago, the water clarity was less than 1 foot.

Best wishes. Keep getting them.

Comment

Browns Bridge versus Rt 29 bridge

BTW, went again yesterday evening. Got on the water around 6:00 pm. Just 200 yards from the takeout, hooked another large one on the second cast but it charged me and jumped off before I could crank in the slack. Fished until 9:00pm but didn't get another bite. Another angler at the takeout reported getting a few, so maybe I'm just not finding the fish.

I'm confused on which bridge I was fishing Sunday. I started in Scott's Cove, paddled out to the main water, hooked a right, and paddled 1.5 sm to the bridge. Is that the Rt 29 bridge or Browns bridge. I looked at a map on Google and thought it was the Rt 29 bridge.

Comment

If you guys are interested, maybe we can have a small M&G for us folks in the montgomery county area? I love fishing brown bridge, and would be more than happy to meet up with you all there. If interested, let's set up a date/time. Obviously non-montgomery county residents can come too Until then, happy fishing, and keep hooking up with them big boys!

On a side note, I've been having luck with mepps agilia 1 and 2's. I just recently purchased the Mepps XD 3. With the smaller mepps I was still catching decent size Bass and Crappie. But I'm tired of catching the smaller guys. That's why I went after a bigger mepps.

My pops uses these worms all the time... www.kellysbassworms.com ...he always catches some nice bass on these guys. So...I'm going to give them a shot as well. I have some senkos that I use, but I feel my texas rig that I use isn't rigged the way it should...IDK...I def would love to meet up with you guys to talk lures, fishing, and just shoot the sh*t.

Comment

Sounds like Route 29 to me.

BTW, went again yesterday evening. Got on the water around 6:00 pm. Just 200 yards from the takeout, hooked another large one on the second cast but it charged me and jumped off before I could crank in the slack. Fished until 9:00pm but didn't get another bite. Another angler at the takeout reported getting a few, so maybe I'm just not finding the fish.

I'm confused on which bridge I was fishing Sunday. I started in Scott's Cove, paddled out to the main water, hooked a right, and paddled 1.5 sm to the bridge. Is that the Rt 29 bridge or Browns bridge. I looked at a map on Google and thought it was the Rt 29 bridge.

Well if you launched from Scotts Cove and took a right, the first bridge you came to would be the Route 29 bridge. But that bridge has got to be 50 feet up in the air above the reservoir and the one in your photo looked a heck of a lot shorter like at Browns Bridge.

I'm glad you had some action. I have a difficult time at these reservoirs and I'm happy if I catch one fish. I get skunked at Triadelphia and Rocky Gorge all the time.

Comment

How about Rocky Gorge, Scott's Cove tonight?

I'm willing to go again. Weather looks really decent, so I'm open to it.

Comment

I'm willing to go again. Weather looks really decent, so I'm open to it.

Let's set a date and time...I'm game for tomorrow!

Comment

Fishing Rocky Gorge again tonight

... or at least, that is the plan for now. Anyone want to join me is welcome. My cell is 703.587.1929.

Comment

Working...
                              X