bluefish lures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluefish lures?

hey guys. i was just thinking.wut do u guys use for bluefish.all the bluefish i have ever cot was by trolling spoons,livelining or cast to birds.i want 2 know wut everyone else's favorite bluefish lures are.last year i did exelant with the spanish and blues useing a 1 ounze white head,white body gotcha plug,i cut off the front treble with wire cutters.wen the gotcha plug only has one back treble,it casts farther and gets tangled way less...
    anyway my second favorte lures were a tony accenta 14 spoon or 1 ounze hopkins hammered spoon or a gold 1.5 onze sting silver for casting to birds.
    now i know if i told u guys i use soft plastics for blues u would say "ur crazy kid"...but i do.i only use one kind of soft plastic wen blues are in the area.its called the zman elaz-tech STREAKZ.its super stretchy.a 5 inch jerk shad stretches to around 20 inches.i use the 5 inch pearlwhite jerk shad,since the soft plastic is so stretchy,it meens that the blues cant tear off the tail 90% of the time.i have cot up to 10 lbs blues in the surf in north carolina with the 9 inch elaztech jerkshad STREAKZ.plz tell me wut u guys like to throw wen blues are in the area...this is a pic of 13 blues i cot last september while throwing the elaztech jerkshad.i used the same softplastic for all the blues & it still has the tail(i put the 5 inch pearl jerk shad on a plain white 1 onze spro bucktail jig)
    plz tell me wut u guys like to throw wen blues are in the area...thnx
    Attached Files

Honestly you could attach a hook to a butter knife, throw it out, and a bluefish would hit it. They'll attack anything that's shiny and moving, even a chunk of fish that's just floating down.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

For the kayak I'm partial to the 1/2 or 3/4 oz krockodile spoons. Take the treble off and use a single hook. I also crimp the barb down, it makes it a lot easier to release them.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Tubes work well for the large blues ......... spoons ........ and almost any lure they won't tear up ......

Comment

Kastmaster spoons.
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I use kastmasters, mostly 3/4 oz. I have used the elastic rubber baits, not so much on purpose for the blues but for stripers during bluefish season. They are pretty good. With the weight of the kastmasters you can let them sink a bit in order to get below the bluefish during a blitz and to the stripers, which many times will be below to catch the scattered bait fish. The kastmasters also work as a jig.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
              I use kastmasters, mostly 3/4 oz. I have used the elastic rubber baits, not so much on purpose for the blues but for stripers during bluefish season. They are pretty good. With the weight of the kastmasters you can let them sink a bit in order to get below the bluefish during a blitz and to the stripers, which many times will be below to catch the scattered bait fish. The kastmasters also work as a jig.
              thnx this helps alot

Comment

Working...
              X