Oc 6/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oc 6/10

So we had two boats out that day in the afternoon with tide running in and a little after high.

Caught 6 fish total and I was the only one to catch any keepers. Both on a pink flounder tandem rig with shiner squid combo.

All were caught drifting behind 32nd st on the eastern side of the bay.

Trying to take the kayak out this evening but currently its severe thunderstorm warnings so its not looking to good for that.

I know I posted this the other day, but I figured I should put the report in the correct section on the forum
    Attached Files

Nice flounder, those will eat good.

Where did you launch your kayak at to get to that area of the bay? Is that section a no wake zone?

Comment

Not a no wake zone... and I live right on 32nd st on a canal so I just put in on my dock. But there is a boat ramp that is on 28th st, it's privately owned but I doubt the owner would have an issue if anyone asked to launch their kayak there.

Comment

Nice flatties there, Matt. Way to go. We should do a M&G over there and target flounder.

Comment

Maybe an Aug. M&G......hum I'm game for that!
          '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
          '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
          Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

I definitely game!! And if anyone is ever in town looking to fish, let me know, I'm always looking for fellow yakers to fish some new territory with.

Comment

Sounds good, Matt. How game are you? Willing to be lead? Find a launch, a place to gather after (or before) for lunch and drinks? In general, organize. I'll make a motion on the main forum to change the Aug 13 M&G from the Bay Bridge to OC. I think a lot of guys would be game...

Comment

Looks like it's come full circle Matt... M&G time!

I'd be really interested in this weekend but it's my grandfather's 92 birthday and I told him we'd go smallmouth fishing. I might take you up on your OC offer though, I need to catch some flat ones.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Yeah I'm game I could put something in the works, the tides look pretty good for the 13th here in OC too.

08/13/2011 Sat 02:12AM LDT 0.1 L 08:12AM LDT 2.1 H 02:07PM LDT -0.1 L 08:39PM LDT 2.7 H

And I think you add like 2 hours or something for the bay tides....

Could do morning an evening fishing....

Comment

Working...
                  X