6/12/11 livelining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/12/11 livelining

hey guys, 2day me and my dad went out for about 3 hours and we absolutly slayed them.first we went to the mouth of the severn river to go get the spot.we only cot one spotbut it was a monster.the spot was 8 inches
    it was cot on bw.as u can see in th epictire i held it next 2 a ruler.i circled the 8in mark with a sharpie.anyway then we started slaying the perch ,every drop within 5 seconds we would have double headers.we cot aover 100 perch!!!!!!!! we kept 13 that were above 12in for eating and the rest that were about 3-5 inches were the bait.i have never livelined perch but since the was no spot we had 2 improvise...i heard wen u liveline a perch ur supposed to cut off the dorsal at a 45 dedree angle to get it to dive.instead of that,i just added a .5 ounce rubber core sinker about 12in from the hook.after we had the bait we raced over to eastern bay & there was boats everywhere.but everyone was trolling.i was very surprised at wut i saw.the charter boat were trolling "drone", "clark","tony accenta" & "crippled alwive" spoons & were slaying the blues.one boat had every rod go down at once(there was a school of blues)we imediatly dropped anchor.we had out 2 lines off the back(both spinning reels 2day) & we had them back about 30 ft.i set the drag to as loose as it could go.as i sat back and waited me & my dad were eating our lunch wen bam!,the drag was screaming.i struggled to put my lunch down and get the rod.after 5 minutes we had a 34 inch striper in the boat cot on a 3 inch perch.i ws shocked.i gess perch work after all! we then had a bunch of hits all day but the strippers got the best of us and we only landed one.the blues also loved the perch as everytime i reeled in my perch after i had felt a bite and missed,the tail would be gone...here is dinner...

Attached Files

Well done. Thanks for the recap of you days adventure. Looks like the blues have arrived according to your report. The summer is swinging in time to bring the metals with me on the yak.

Comment

gona give LL a try at spsp this week

Comment

Originally posted by richardbb85 View Post
        gona give LL a try at spsp this week
        this may may be a amatuer question,but wut is spsp?

Comment

sandy point state park

Comment

Originally posted by richardbb85 View Post
            sandy point state park
            ooooh thnx.ik plo is point lookout but im new to urs guys saying lettrs for the spots.i have always just said sandypointstatepark.haha.i would go in eastern bay or poplar point if i was u.my neighbor went on a charter this past thursday .they cot spot in the choptank then liveined at poplarpoint.they cot 19 rock in 1.5 hours

Comment

Looks like things worked out better than you had planned. Thanks for the report.

I may try to get out for a few hours latter today on the South.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                Looks like things worked out better than you had planned. Thanks for the report.

I may try to get out for a few hours latter today on the South.

Good luck.
                thnx .tell me how u did 2day

Comment

Working...
                X