6/10/11 unknown species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/10/11 unknown species

i cot this fish with my cast net, does any one know wut it is?
    Attached Files

that is a type of Killie/mummichug. There are a bunch of varieties of killie.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

def a killie. There are many different types of them. Some are more colorful and all of them very good live bait with a strip of squid (aka killie sandwich).

Tough little fish too. I have had them in a bucket all day in the sun on a pier and they were still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
        def a killie. There are many different types of them. Some are more colorful and all of them very good live bait with a strip of squid (aka killie sandwich).

Tough little fish too. I have had them in a bucket all day in the sun on a pier and they were still going strong.
        wut do u catch with these?

Comment

I have caught mostly bluefish...though they like to bite everything but the hook some times. I also seem to be able to catch 9inch and shorter flounder!

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
            I have caught mostly bluefish...though they like to bite everything but the hook some times. I also seem to be able to catch 9inch and shorter flounder!
            any rock on these?

Comment

I know guys who have caught rockfish on them, especially in Ocean City. I am still figuring out stripers to be frank.

Comment

Everything eats those- rock, flounder, croaker, catfish, blues (what don't they eat?). They are a good bait and great for the kayak bc they will keep in the heat. I've kept them alive on just wet newspaper in a cooler before. Dogfish will tell you that people used to fish with them as the trailer on bucktails for rock, and I'd venture a guess and say it would still work!

Did you ever fix that reel? I took my 6501 c3 apart tonight as a guide. My washers that go on top of the antireverse sleeve are like this (). Two other things you might check- in on the spool shaft or yoke there will be a notch or notches that align with the spool, make sure that is seated correctly. Secondly, check the small gear that the spool shaft goes into (you'll have to unscrew the sideplate) and make sure it is in the plastic yoke.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                  Everything eats those- rock, flounder, croaker, catfish, blues (what don't they eat?). They are a good bait and great for the kayak bc they will keep in the heat. I've kept them alive on just wet newspaper in a cooler before. Dogfish will tell you that people used to fish with them as the trailer on bucktails for rock, and I'd venture a guess and say it would still work!

Did you ever fix that reel? I took my 6501 c3 apart tonight as a guide. My washers that go on top of the antireverse sleeve are like this (). Two other things you might check- in on the spool shaft or yoke there will be a notch or notches that align with the spool, make sure that is seated correctly. Secondly, check the small gear that the spool shaft goes into (you'll have to unscrew the sideplate) and make sure it is in the plastic yoke.
                  thnx.i sent it 2 anglers already tho.i know dogfish .i see him every time i ride my bike to westmarine.but he told me he puts mudminnows on the bucktail.

Comment

Working...
                  X