Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning for May 8 (Fri) and 9 (Sat), 2015 at CHSP

I am fishing on Sat (May 9, 2015). However I added Friday (May 8) Info:
    • Wear a cup - My friend strongly suggested me this when he saw the video of bluefish flapping between my legs. hmm... It's a good idea....
    • It's a GoPro time - charge the batteries, bring enough fresh water and soft cloths to wipe the camera lenses.
    • For togging, I added my predicted slack tide hours. The logic is based on "Progressive Wave Model".
    • Cooler: I will bring an additional large cooler with some ice in case of catching large bluefish. I will keep the cooler on my truck bed. (I can always buy more ice while driving to home)
    • I will bring some 6-7" spoons, preferably the one with bolted single hook on the spoon. No treble hook (especially double treble hooks)
    • Once caught my bluefish limit, come back and keep the bluefish in the large cooler on my truck bed. I don't want drag 20 LB plus of dead fish while togging.

Tide Info....
    FRIDAY:
    • Low 06:17 AM - Avoid launching, plus minus one hour - If I don't have to
    • Slack 09:00 AM - Best time for togging will be 08:00AM - 10:00AM
    • High 12:28 PM - - Strong incoming current, perhaps good time for bluefish and Flounder
    • Slack 03:30 PM - Another best time for togging will be 02:30 PM - 04:30
    • Low 06:17 PM - Avoid coming back, plus minus one hour - If I don't have to

Saturday
    • Low 07:08 AM - Avoid Launching, plus minus one hour - If I don't have to
    • Slack 10:00 AM - Best time for togging will be 09:00AM - 11:00AM
    • High 01:21 PM - Strong incoming current, perhaps good time for bluefish and Flounder
    • Slack 04:20 PM - Best time for togging will be 03:20 PM - 05:20 PM
    • Low 07:11 PM - Avoid coming back, plus minus one hour - If I don't have to

See you guys there.
    Thank you.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

thanks for the info joe. with low tide being around the time i wanted to arrive, maybe ill push back my start time to around 830 am instead. gives me more time to sleep
    Michael
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
    Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Mbae,
      I just learned that I may have to work this coming Sat.

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

LOL The cup, I almost saw a dude get bit in the crotch! I don't really keep my fish, I fish more for fun. So I landed a Blue about 37" Tues. after noon. Another yak fisher asked if I was going to let it go, if so he wanted it. So I said sure here. He takes the Blue, already has one on the floor of his outback. Lays the one I gave him on top of that one on the floor. It starts jumping and bites right on my man's short's near his nuts. I'm like dude you have no idea how lucky you are! lol Same damn fish bit my waders and put hole in them, it was looking for pay back. lol
        2014 feel free 11.5 lure
        2015 Hobie 12 olive pro angler

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
          Mbae,

Joe
          Don't go to work! LET'S GO FISH!

Comment

Mbae,

Joe
            bummer! hoping you are able to get off. would love to fish with someone as experienced as you and learn the ropes!
            Michael
            Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Mbae,

Joe
              Joe, were you able to get off work on Saturday?

Also, if anyone aboard the snaggedline community has the room available, I'd love to carpool with someone from the area to learn the basic tools of the trade!

I live in the Fairfax area.

Best,
              Nikki

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
              Liquid Logic Manta Ray 14

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have to keep working today but I will be down tomorrow before noon. I'll be in the orange big tuna. I want to go high viz since I hear there might be a lot of folks on the water. I was bummed out that I missed the bite last weekend. I had my father in town and he needs a new hip before he can get in a kayak. We tried our luck in the surf at CHSP but 90% of the folks could not keep a line in the water with all the seaweed that was kicked up.

good luck and see you there!
                Ride 135 Green
                Big Tuna Orange
                12ft Bote HD
                Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

I want to go and try my luck as well. Where do you guys usually park and launch from?
                  I am a little wary of going out in the ocean alone.
                  “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Park by the fishing pier and there is a trail to the water to the left of the dumpster in the parking lot. You can find the trail but it is narrow so be careful. I lost a good rod to the branches when pulling my kayak through after a long day.
                    Ride 135 Green
                    Big Tuna Orange
                    12ft Bote HD
                    Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

If I bring my wife and a 5 year old, to hang out on the Lewes beach, while I fish? Do you think that would be feasible idea?

Comment

Hope to see you guys out there tomorrow bright and early! will be there around 7am. for anyone that needs bait, I called bills sport shop today. they will have green crab available tomorrow and open at 5 am
                        Michael
                        Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Heading out now. Should be there 8:30ish.

Comment

I'm out here now. Anybody doing anything. We ran accross a school at about 8:30 and caught one 12#. Haven't seen a sign sense. It's a parking lot out here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                            2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                            2015 Coosa HD
                            2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                            2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Aww man unfortunately I couldn't go because of last minute family obligations - looking forward to a report as I'm definitely going to be able to head up there tomorrow!
                              Nikki

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
                              Liquid Logic Manta Ray 14

Comment

Working...
                              X