Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first menhaeden of the year!

hey guys
    2day while i was livelining i stopped ofr a while & threw my cast net a couple times.cot about 5 school!!!!!!!!they were all about 5 inches.2morrow im going to see if i cant catch anymore for bueefish...for livelining menhaeden for bluefish.i use a #6 treble hook...under a small float .i have cot up 2 60 blues on the rig in the summer.its great.also works for stripers[IMG]bunker[/IMG]

That's a good sign. Let us know how you do with those little buggers.

How do you keep them alive while fishing? I never could keep bunkers alive in the poor mans live well (minnow bucket in the water)

This reminds me of a story of my youth.

When i was 18 me and a buddy were down in Hatteras. We were at a dock on the sound side and saw loads of peanut bunker schooled up buy the pylons. Hey i had a cast net and 5 gallon bucket and we were only 10 mins from the pier. We decided to net up a bunch of live bait for the pier. We must have put 30 or so little bunkers in that 5 gallon bucket, filled it up with water and blazed to the pier.

In was only 5 mins into the drive when a faint smell hit us. We pulled to the side of the road and found all bunker floating dead. We emptied the water and loaded the cooler with fresh dead peanut bunker for our pier fishing trip. They did catch some nice specs that night though.

The worst part was one of the little bastages jumped out of the bucket and found its way into my tire well. The next day was an unpleasant drive home.

Clorox has nothing on rotten bunker.

Comment

i have a 5 gallon bucket.i fill it up. the have u ever heard up the "bubble box" it runs on batteries and airates the bucket.i also use the plano minnow bucket wen i dont have my bubble box.the menhaeden are sensitive tho.just dont crowd em.only 20 in a bucket t the time..good luck

Comment

Working...
      X