Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluefish boom...looking forward to this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluefish boom...looking forward to this weekend...

This is not a report...yet

Not sure if anyone else has been seeing, but there is a bluefish craze that's been going on the last week and a half or so in the DE bay, both DE and NJ sides. I've seen pictures posted up to 17 lbs. Should make this weekend fun for what sounds like a bunch of Snaggedliners fishing at CHSP.

Green crabs have been scarce so hopefully they'll get some in and I've only heard of frozen sand fleas so far. Lots of fresh bunker for the Blues though.

Hope to see some of you down there, I'll be fishing Friday AM first thing and either Saturday or Sunday AM early.

Tight lines all!
    Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Man, 17lbs Blue would be a good sleigh ride!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Blues from the kayak are no fun! You won't see me trying to mess with those things. This coastal storm Friday might mess everything up down there anyway...
      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
        Blues from the kayak are no fun! You won't see me trying to mess with those things.
        My best one so far was only 20", but it surely was fun from my kayak, and I look forward to more of them, especially larger ones. Might be a good idea to get some Kevlar gloves though.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Well crap, good call Ryan - Friday looks like a wash - 55° and 20-35 mph winds....Saturday looks a little better and Sunday looks quite nice. You are right though, may get some low water visibility, not the best tog water. I'll bet Wednesday and Thursday are going to be awesome fishing.

May just go see Avengers Friday instead, haha.
          Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
            Blues from the kayak are no fun! You won't see me trying to mess with those things
            Blues from a kayak are some of my favorite kind of fishing. The fight on the big ones is great. Here are some of the blues that we found in J-Bay last year.

Say ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

The question is, is that blood on the fish's mouth yours or his?

Comment

My Saturday plans at CHSP are shot. I will be putting in some OT. At least if the weather is crappy I won't feel so bad. Good luck with the blues if anyone gets out!

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
                  The question is, is that blood on the fish's mouth yours or his?
                  Definitely his! I've never been bit by a bluefish. I have a healthy respect for those chompers. They have excellent eyesight in & out of water and will lunge at you. I also try to use a single large hook on my lures when they are around.

Comment

Originally posted by coastal_dan View Post
                    This is not a report...yet

Not sure if anyone else has been seeing, but there is a bluefish craze that's been going on the last week and a half or so in the DE bay, both DE and NJ sides. I've seen pictures posted up to 17 lbs. Should make this weekend fun for what sounds like a bunch of Snaggedliners fishing at CHSP.

Green crabs have been scarce so hopefully they'll get some in and I've only heard of frozen sand fleas so far. Lots of fresh bunker for the Blues though.

Hope to see some of you down there, I'll be fishing Friday AM first thing and either Saturday or Sunday AM early.

Tight lines all!

See you out there Dan. KulJC and I will be camping at CHSP until Sunday morning starting Friday evening.
                    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by JKay View Post
                      Definitely his! I've never been bit by a bluefish. I have a healthy respect for those chompers. They have excellent eyesight in & out of water and will lunge at you. I also try to use a single large hook on my lures when they are around.
                      I can tell you from experience, their chompers are not to be messed with. I got one of my fingers a little too close last year and got perforated...nothing serious, but it stung and I bled.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

I've been seeing the FB updates from DPS. They are catching some big fish out there!
                        Mike

Comment

I caught few big blues in Long Island Sound in the past. I don't fish for bluefish, but for the big ones, I will bring some spoon and plastic lures.

Joe
                          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Mike - Yeah they did pretty good this morning! We'll see what happens with this little storm...

Hope to see you all out there!
                            Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

Working...
                            X