Plo 6/9/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plo 6/9/2011

left my house around 3:30am, arrived buzz marina 5:45ish (hide tide 7:40am). talked to michael for a bit, he gave me some pointers on where the croakers at. took his advice and went straight out to cornfield harbor in 21ft. got the 1st rod in the water, as i was rigging up the 2nd rod, 1st rod got a big hit, DOUBLE!!!!! picked up 6-8 croakers within like 15 mins, and then that was it. I moved around between cornfield n the PLO pier, picked up several here n there. fished without a bit from 10-10:30 and called it a day. Michael said 4 charter boats were out by cornfield killing on the croakers last night

i left with 15-17 croakers, 11-14in, bait was cooked shrimp. I threw back about 5-7 barely legal one, lost probably a dozen due to a snap line (for not respooling my line this season). I did hooked onto a ray/skate, spooled me for like 5 secs, and i had to cut the line. great day overall, if it wasn't for my line, i think i couldve limited out for the first time.
    Last edited by richardbb85; 06-09-2011, 02:43 PM.

nice job. i wish i was out there. work sucks!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

only saw one boat the whole time i was out there.

i plan on goin spsp this weekend, hopefully find some spots and try LL.

Comment

Good work. Thanks for the intel. There's going to be a bunch of us kayakers at PLO on Saturday. Any chance to join in? The more the merrier...

Comment

not bad for a daytime run, thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice work on the croakers. Hopefully, they'll still be hungry this weekend. I really like fishing PLO during the week because it can be pretty quiet.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
              Good work. Thanks for the intel. There's going to be a bunch of us kayakers at PLO on Saturday. Any chance to join in? The more the merrier...
              i will probably only do PLO trop once a month, it just cost too much n driving home always suck.
              Originally posted by surfdog View Post
              not bad for a daytime run, thanks for the report.
              thanks
              Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
              Nice work on the croakers. Hopefully, they'll still be hungry this weekend. I really like fishing PLO during the week because it can be pretty quiet.
              gl you all, largest croaker record this month is 18in i think. one of u beat that!!!

Comment

make sure u guys bring some bug sprays, whatever bit me yesterday gave me few big red spots.

Comment

Working...
                X