Anyone want to try this pond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to try this pond?

I would like to attempt to fish this pond in a couple weeks. I have finals this next couple weeks so I'm thinking the weekend of the 9th. I've never fished it so I don't even know if it contains fish. I do know it is close to a set of railroad tracks we an come down and there is also a dirt road to get us within a couple hundred yards of the pond but I didn't notice a walkable trail to it. It is a small pond, less then 10 acres maybe around 5.

We tried a couple of new small ponds like this last summer. One contained no fish as it was only about 16" deep. We only found that out after crossing through knee deep stagnant mud to get into it.

The other we were probably approaching 100 fish a piece. The only problem is they were 6"-10". I've never fished in a pond where the fish were so aggressive. If there were larger fish there it didn't matter as you couldn't keep the smaller ones off of the hook long enough to see.

This pond is in Northern DE on public land.

I suspect this will require carrying and dragging yaks 100 yds or better. I doubt if there is an access trail, it would be clear/wide enough to use a cart.

In the event pond is a bust there is another readily accessible within a 1/4 mile to attempt to recover the day. It is also very small but easy to get to.

Anyone interested in trying to access it?

This was last year from a different pond with similar attributes. You never know what you will find.
    Last edited by willf650; 04-25-2015, 02:08 PM. Reason: Added better image
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)
Working...
X