Spot being caught at SPSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot being caught at SPSP

Read a report from a guy on P&S he caught 5 spot earlier this week. Live line right around the corner.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...e-07-2011-SPSP

Comment

good sizes spots

Comment

Excellent. I hope I can find some jumbos in my neck of the woods. I missed not catching any last year.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

thats a good sign...cant wait to start livelining!
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I believe it. I fished Jonas Green on the Severn a month ago and I caught a few small spots on BW. I was shocked and thought that it was early for them.

Comment

went to spsp this morning for some surf fishing 3 cownose rays.....4 spot 1 WP. then it got hot out so i left
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

yeah been picking up spot here and there for a month and a half now i hope they are here in numbers. when the CNRs are around you might as well fish for them because most other fish vacate the area.

Comment

I never understood the correlation between Rays and fish leaving? I know it happens as i have experienced it but why? I don't think rays are known for chasing live fish around. Is it a case of large numbers of them blanketing the bottom and pushing other fish out?

Comment

Cownose rays will eat fish, but it think it's the ruckus they make. I've caught croakers when rays were around, too.
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I have gone bottom fishing out of Sandy Pt 2-3 times a week for the past month. The first spot I found at Hacketts bar were about two weeks ago and were very scarse. Each trip after that, I got a few more, although they are far from common there.

I often do a drift or so at Tollys bar during these trips. Earlier this week I found a few spot on top of the bar (the shallowest part).

Yesterday, I bottom fished at both of these locations, then rode down to Thomas Pt light (TPL). We had a good west to east drift. I would place the boat about 10 yds away from TPL on the bay side. When the boat drifted out about 30 to 50 yds, we found large spot on almost every drift. I suppose I could have anchored there and caught even more.
                      John Veil
                      Annapolis
                      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                      X