Going to CBBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to CBBT

OK .......... Goint to Cherrystone (CBBT area) w/girlfriend and kids 7/5-8 .... can't take anybody on that trip but I'd love to meet up with anybody that might be going down that weekend

I plan to go down several times this summer. Leave on Friday and return either Sunday or Monday .......... Sunday has lots of traffic if you don't leave early ........ monday ..... easy driving.

HAven't made reservations yet but here's what's available ....... Weekends beginning:

7/29

8/12

8/26

Nice trailer w/ air conditioning and all amenities and water view site

Trailer can sleep up to 10 but 2-4 is comfortable ........

I'll choose the dates based on who's going

Let me know .........

Cherrystone is a nice area to camp to fish the Fisherman's Island area for sight casting to big redfish- C-10 buoy always has some left over Black Drum- Lattimer Shoals will be holding some nice Cobia this month- and early mornings will see Kings skying balls of bait- spanish mackerel roam the flats chasing bait..humm- wish I had some time off- catch some for me- and take lots of pictures!
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
      Cherrystone is a nice area to camp to fish the Fisherman's Island area for sight casting to big redfish- C-10 buoy always has some left over Black Drum- Lattimer Shoals will be holding some nice Cobia this month- and early mornings will see Kings skying balls of bait- spanish mackerel roam the flats chasing bait..humm- wish I had some time off- catch some for me- and take lots of pictures!
      Yeah and that doesn't include the stuff right off of Cherrystone/Cape Charles ........ the channel right off of there is known for BIG flounder, then there's the reef at night that nobody has fished yet because it is only accessable by Yak, then Cherrystone manmade reef just north, the bouy markers and platforms just south that hold flounder, spades and cobia, and if it is too bad on the bay side you can go to Oyster on the ocean side ......... the guys from NC come up every year to load up on croaker and then there's the tarpon .............

Oh and Cherrystone is right on the water with all of the amenities

Comment

have to run the dates by the all mighty all knowing one to see if there are any conflicts and let you know. i know the fishing is fantastic there as long as the weather cooperates

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          have to run the dates by the all mighty all knowing one to see if there are any conflicts and let you know. i know the fishing is fantastic there as long as the weather cooperates
          Won't guarantee the fishin but yeah ........ it can be great .....

Just let me know the dates you're available and I'll reserve the site ........ looking forward to it .......

Comment

Running the idea past management.....

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
              sure hope you get a weekend pass .........

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                sure hope you get a weekend pass ......... or 2

Comment

Did ya get your leave slips signed .........

Anybody else interested?

Comment

how long of a drive is it from DC?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                      how long of a drive is it from DC?
                      about 3 1/2 I think ........... depends on traffic though ........ nice drive once you are south of salisbury ......... but you will have a nice place to stay on the water when you get there

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                        about 3 1/2 I think ........... depends on traffic though ........ nice drive once you are south of salisbury ......... but you will have a nice place to stay on the water when you get there
                        Moc (Martin) called me last night ......... he's in for 8/26 ......... anyone else?

Comment

Mike (Redfish12) is committed (that doesn't sound right) ........ who's next ....... 1 more spot .....

Comment

Talked to the little boss, glad I asked what weekends in aug are free and not can I go fishing...

I will most definitely not make it that weekend. Sorry guys, I would if I could.
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I understand how that works- I want to go groundhog hunting in southern PA but I want to go catch a snakehead, too- and the family wants to go to theme parks and see the sights this summer- everything is a compromise and balance is important
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                              X