Camera mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera mount

I ordered a RAM kayak camera mount for my OK Prowler 13- I have a Fuji F-10 waterproof camera, but plan on getting a GoPro Hero- now my question is where to put the mount? I need it situated where I can get to it to take pictures but need it out of the way of paddling and landing fish- my Scotty multi-mount is full, with electronics and two rod holders, so that area is out- suggestions?
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 06-07-2011, 07:23 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

some type of hat or helmet would do

Comment

The GoPro makes a handle bar mount that will mount on a Scotty or VisaPole, so it will be over your shoulder taking a forward viewing shot. I saw that on the kayak fishing show on WFN. Looks like a clean mounting procedure.

Comment

Mount

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
        The GoPro makes a handle bar mount that will mount on a Scotty or VisaPole, so it will be over your shoulder taking a forward viewing shot. I saw that on the kayak fishing show on WFN. Looks like a clean mounting procedure.
        Oregon Scientific has some mounts, too- I ordered the Ram mount about a week ago and it shipped Monday from Seattle- don't know what it will or won't do until I actually put my hands on it- Moc made one out of PVC pipe that looks pretty neat, but I don't have a whole lot of time right now to tinker with my yak-

YakAttack has a new camera mount called the panfish that incorporates some of the Ram mount parts- supposed to retail for about $60.00
        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 06-08-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
          i saw that also looks like a very good instalation and easy to get to. i need to check and see if my fuji xp will fit on the mount

Comment

I am currently using two video cameras to record my trips.

A Contour HD POV camera mounted on my homemade head strap.

And a Sony Playsport fit to an adjustable camera mount i made from PVC. I normally have this mounted behind my right shoulder to get shots looking over my shoulder but i can move this in front to get pics of me holding a fish if i want to include my ugly mug.

Comment

Hey guy ....... love your camera mount ........ I might copy it if you don't mind ..........

BTW ..... I think that's a KODAK Playsport not Sony ......... I just bought 1 but haven't used it much ........ takes some great vids and the sound isn't bad either ......... did you get the remote?

Comment

I have the kodak camera too, it does pretty well and was cheap on amazon. I got the remote but it won't really help while out on the water. I'm still working on a mount for it, but I do like your idea!!!

Unrelated question, the two ram balls you have there, did you put a backing plate on? I used large fender washers on mine and it's terrible. I need to re-do it and I haven't had a chance. I guess I'll try a cutting board next.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Michael ...... don't understand about the remote ........ I just want it to record and stop ........ Don't need to continuously record ....... have the head cam for that ...... just want to record when something is happening ..... I agree it's not much help w/the zoom and other features because you can't see the display .......

Comment

You are correct sir it is a Kodak.

I did not get the remote. I would in a heartbeat if it allowed you to power on the camera. It auto shuts off after 2 idle minutes which is a pain but the battery would just drain if it did not.

I also used large fender washers and it is a little flimsy. I need to grab a cutting board and make some backing plates. It is not an issue with lighter rods but heaver stuff puts allot of stress on the mount.

Comment

i still love the jockstrap head cam

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                        You are correct sir it is a Kodak.

I did not get the remote. I would in a heartbeat if it allowed you to power on the camera. It auto shuts off after 2 idle minutes which is a pain but the battery would just drain if it did not.

I also used large fender washers and it is a little flimsy. I need to grab a cutting board and make some backing plates. It is not an issue with lighter rods but heaver stuff puts allot of stress on the mount.
                        SHOOT !!!!!!! ......... didn't realize the dang Kodak cut off after 2 minutes ....... oh well ...... guess I'll use it as a handheld and keep looking for a boat cam .......... looking for HD ...... decent sound ......... and remote control ....... and cheap of course .......

Comment

me too. When you find one let me know.

As far as the Kodak I'm not sure if you can change the power off feature in the menu. Its a pain in the A@@ but with the back mount i can reach back and turn it on and hit record with out much hassle. The contour pov cam is now my primary camera and it turns off after 5 mins idle.

We need a new battery technology to allow constant on without the price in power drainage. That's the limiting factor in the new small package HD cams. The memory cards (8 gig and above) will never fill up before the battery runs out on these cams.

You could bring more batteries with you to help out but what happens if you hook up when the battery is about to die? Use multiple cameras of course.

Comment

GoPro Hero Naked

My wife just told me my Father's Day present- yep, she ordered me a GoPro Hero naked camera-

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                              My wife just told me my Father's Day present- yep, she ordered me a GoPro Hero naked camera-
                              Sweet! Now that's a missus that pays attention. You must also pay attention!

Comment

Working...
                              X