Sarasota Florida 4/3-4/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarasota Florida 4/3-4/8

I had the good fortune of being able to get away the last 6 days with my family to sunny Florida. We stayed on the eastern side of Sarasota bay in the Bradenton area. I fished most mornings wading the flats and around a few of the neighborhood docks. I did get a chance to rent a kayak on Monday and fished around lido key. I found plenty of snook on this trip as well as a few Jack, some ladyfish and one speckled trout. The snook bite was strong at first light as they seemed to be mostly feeding on small mullet/minnow fry which were schooled in giant numbers. I found they (snook) really responded to a extremely fast retrieve. Baits used were the new shadow rap, luckycraft pointer and light colored paddletails. It was awesome to get out and find some sun and warm water after the cold winter and spring we've had. Like I always say-the fish are just a bonus.
    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Outback

Awesome! I'd love to get into some Snook one of these days...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

John,

Super report and photos.

Warm water and fast retrieves are music to my ears.

Congratulations on a wonderful trip.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Very Nice John! At least there is one horizontal stripe on snooks. A reminder of back home
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice work. I have two days of meetings on Lido Key in two weeks. I hope to find some time to get out and fish while I am there.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

There are plenty of folks that will rent you a boat there. I've used SeaLifeKayaks the last couple of trips...
            (Tom) 941 400 2740
            John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
            Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Very nice. Snooks are fun to catch and give you nice pullage. I love fishing down there. Bring some of that warm weather back up here.

Mobile

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

That's awesome John! Need to make a trip down there this winter!
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
                X