calcutta 400 power handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calcutta 400 power handle

hey.i own a calcutta 400. i have seen a few guys with the 'live bait' or 'power handle'.it is different than the 2 handled handle the calcutaa comes with.the power handle is similar to that of a penn 300 gt.does anybody have one of these handles? any reviews?

I have some and I like it a lot. It's definitely a different feeling (balance) than the double, but I prefer it. If you have a rod with a trigger grip it helps so you don't feel like you're flopping while reeling. I put them on my both cardiff 400 and 401. If you check out that togging video I posed you can see it in action.
    Last edited by Redfish12; 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
      I have one and I like it a lot. It's definitely a different feeling (balance) than the double, but I prefer it. If you have a rod with a trigger grip it helps so you don't feel like you're flopping while reeling. I put them on my both cardiff 400 and 401. If you check out that togging video I posed you can see it in action.
      thanks.only have 1 calcutta.it was alot of money.i was planning on getting a corvlaus from west marine soon.there only 80 bucks. i mite get a power handle on the corvalus 2

Comment

The calcuttas are nice reels from what I hear but I only have cardiffs and I got them for cheap on ebay and serviced them myself. I like the clickers, not very strong like the conventional reels, allows fish to run with the bait with out feeling resistance. I've never held the corvalus, but I think they are similar to the cardiff with less bearings which is probably a good thing for kayak fishing. The old abu's and penns with bushings instead of bearings make great durable kayak reels.

Problem with the handles is they are hard to find for under $25.
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
          The calcuttas are nice reels from what I hear but I only have cardiffs and I got them for cheap on ebay and serviced them myself. I like the clickers, not very strong like the conventional reels, allows fish to run with the bait with out feeling resistance. I've never held the corvalus, but I think they are similar to the cardiff with less bearings which is probably a good thing for kayak fishing. The old abu's and penns with bushings instead of bearings make great durable kayak reels.

Problem with the handles is they are hard to find for under $25.
          if you type in shimano power handle on google,then go to shopping...go to search by relavance then lowest to highest.i have found some 15 dollar handle in recent mmonths

Comment

Working...
          X