Another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie

Hello everybody. AtlantaKing here. Looking around, I think I know most everybody here already, but I'll briefly introduce myself

Long time all-purpose fisherman, newbie kayak owner. My ride is a moss green 2006 Hobie Outback with ST Turbo fins that really hauls gluteous maximus As I'm trying to mend my ways of packing the kitchen sink when I fish, I've only got a Humminbird PiranhaMax 170 mounted, and use a removable anchor trolley. So far, it's been working pretty well, except I need to find a better way of storing my catch (got a big flounder in the bay this past weekend but had no place to store it )

I'll post a report once I get my pics back from my friend.

Welcome! Happy to have you here

Comment

Welcome AK!

Did you release the flounder? I put everything in my front hatch. Its big enought to store a 40incher. I had a 35incher in the spring with plenty more room.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Welcome! hopefully you and others will stick around. how cool would it be to have a group like they do in VA? kickass!

your set up it pretty slick. I as well want to bring less, but always find myself wishing i brought more. different situations require different tackle.

I use a soft cooler bag inside my hatch. i have a game clip to tow huge fish around, but at that point, i think i would just suck it up and go back to the truck.
        sigpic

Comment

welcome aboard, where did you catch the flounder?

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
            Welcome AK!

Did you release the flounder? I put everything in my front hatch. Its big enought to store a 40incher. I had a 35incher in the spring with plenty more room.
            Throw the flounder back...are you nuts? It's like turning down a free Ruth's Chris T-bone I stuck it on my stringer and let it flop around in the water, where it showed its appreciation by promptly dying. At this point, I didn't particularly want to head back to the dock yet so I put some ice in a bag (from my small hard cooler) and put it on top of the flounder. I'm thinking about getting one of those small "kill bags" like king mackerel fishermen use. That way, I can strap it down on my rear deck and leave it.

Hey, stupidjet, how do you get to the front hatch when you're on the water? Or do you have a buddy pull up alongside?

CB kayak 02, I launched out of PLO and fished Cornfield Harbor.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaKing View Post

Hey, stupidjet, how do you get to the front hatch when you're on the water? Or do you have a buddy pull up alongside?
              i just stick my legs over the sides, so i'm straddling the boat, and just scoot forward. i dont have to stick my feet in the water though (jellyfish), just keep my legs on the sides and scoot forward.
              sigpic

Comment

Man, I just keep having visions of getting whacked in the family jewels by the pedals of the Mirage drive when a boat wake comes through

Comment

Working...
                X