6/3 south river spot & livelining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/3 south river spot & livelining

hey guys.i am new to snaggedline,i just started an account so i dont know anyone yet.my name is andrew,i am 13 &i kayak fish the south river...
    yesterday i went out of turkey point island beach & the goal was 2 catch my first spot of the year for livelining. i ended up catch about 40 spot with bloodworms on a 2 hook rig. i i caught a few pech and croaker also with one croaker being at 17 inches i only kept about 20 spot for livelining though.i rigged them up on one of my hand tied rigs i make ( a 75 # barrel swivel tied onto 3 feet of 30 # flourocarbon leader to a 5 ot octopus hook ) i had multiple blues tearing up my spot.i didnt catch any blue tho. i cot 2 stripers that were under sized.i then decided 2 start jigging a 5 inch bkd on a 1 onze jig head.cot 3 stripper al undersized. my setup is a 7 ft medium heavy quantum inshore bluerunner rod withh a calcutta 400 te spooled with 15# berkley trilene biggame. i like to liveline with a baitcaster because wen the striper take of with mr spot you can just push the button into free spool & count 2 ten then take a swing and set the hook. my other baitcaster is a abu garcia ambassaduer 5600 on a 7 ft medium action inshore ugly stick. my 2 spiining reels are a pfluegar infussion & a penn pursuit graphite. i have a few penn 330/309's for cownose ray fishing .i catch the 50plus pounders on crab.what do u like to cast to fish that are breaking water?

thnx again & if anyone is going on a trip in the south river ide like 2 go.

tight lines

Awesome first post. Welcome and thanks for the report. What kinda yak you got?
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
      Awesome first post. Welcome and thanks for the report. What kinda yak you got?
      i have a 11 foot accend sitin kayak i bought last year from bass pro for 700.i attched a 3rod holder to a milk crate with zipties & i have scotty rod holders allover it.i feel that the 2 rod holders that are builit in to the kayak makee my reels get to salty.do u ever fish south river?

Comment

Welcome Kayak. I will be fishing the south river this year for the first time so maybe you can show me around.

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
          Welcome Kayak. I will be fishing the south river this year for the first time so maybe you can show me around.
          yes.im only 13 so you may be shocked.i think im the youngest on the site.wen were you planning to go on a trip

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
            i go almost every weekend.if i went with a group, my mom would let me go father out like the light house or the bridge.maybe we can get together in the summer sometime

Comment

wow think this young man could teach us all a thing or two what do you guys think welcome you are wise beyond your years
              Bad day fishing is better than a good day at work .

Comment

When are you fishing next.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Good deal- 13 is awesome age to be an accomplished kayak fisherman- I liked your narrative-
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Greasyskillet View Post
                    wow think this young man could teach us all a thing or two what do you guys think welcome you are wise beyond your years
                    thnx. i would like to go on a trip in th summer to the bridge if we could get a group going

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                      When are you fishing next.
                      i will probly be out next saturday to do some livelineing & trolling.i like to troll suspending crank baits because wen you stop they stay where they re & dont sink to get snagged. plus the strippers like to strike at the pause wen the lure is stopped.i would like to get a group trip if we could

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                        Good deal- 13 is awesome age to be an accomplished kayak fisherman- I liked your narrative-
                        ha... thnx. maybe we can get a group going to do some live lineing

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                          maybe we can go on a livelineing trip soon

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
                            thnx. i would like to go on a trip in th summer to the bridge if we could get a group going
                            Can you get down to point lookout Saturday? When are you fishing south river again? I've never fished it.
                            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

i cant go way down to point loookout.once my dad gets a kayak.i will be able to go on these far away trips.i can fish the river on sat if we can get a group going

Comment

Working...
                              X