DC. Potomac 6/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC. Potomac 6/3

Went out for about four hours last night. I finally built a new battery box so I had my fishfinder. I was seeing large groupings of fish from the surface down to the bottom so I tried a lot of thingsto get down in depth. Deep diving rapalas were not getting bit so I tried different sizes up to some large ocean sizes and no luck. I tried a worm harness behind a small diver, but it was hard to manage with all the boat traffic. Switched to lead bottom bouncers used for walleye and really started getting bites in the shallow water. I broke down a bit and just had fun catching 3 to 5 pound catfish. Used gulp leech and blood worm on the worm rigs and the leech was getting attacked by the catfish. I had trouble resetting lines because the drifting bait would get hit. I went back to the channel and caught a perch drifting the worm rig, and then switched back to rapalas to finish the evening. Caught one 14 or 15 inch striper trolling into marina. I may try trolling shallow rapalas next to see if I get more action from the stripers. I also caught a nice bass two days ago in same spot on edge of the shipping channel.
    Attached Files
Working...
X