Bay Bridge 8.15.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 8.15.09

Grilled Sardine and I launched from Hemmingways and were in the water by 515am. My plan was to catch spot, live line a couple to catch 1 Rock, then target flounder and blues. It didn go according to plan. We couldnt have asked for a better current, it was running basically the entire time we were fishing, and ripping out. Rigged up with bloods, we serched for spot. GS caught 3 small bait size spot instantly and I had high hopes for catching more. those were the only 3 caught. All the spot after that were in the 8" to 10" range! Not that you cant catch a rock with big spot, but you have to be lucky enough for a big rock to be around. 3 hours later, I had no bait size spot! GS ened up giving me one of his small ones and we headed to the eastbound rockpile. I drifted the smallest large spot (saving the smallest one for later) I had all around the the rockpile with no takers. I decided to head to the west bound piling and thats where GS and I split. I had forgot to charge my radio so I couldnt communicate with him. I didnt see him for almost 4 hours later. LOL. Still live lining the same spot I decided to put on the smallest one. I drop it along the piling and I feel the spot get spooked, then thump! Fish ON! 1 second later....FARK. Spit the hook. Mother @%#$@! It also almost tipped me bc this guy ran straight down for some reason and I wasnt expecting that. I tried a couple of the jumbos with no hits. I decided to go back to skinny water and try again for smaller spot. Now I couldnt even catch a big spot. they all dissapeared. by now i'm in a bad mood bc of the spot and the sun was hotter then hell. So now i give up and pedal back out to the smaller span and rig up for blues and founder. then suddenly it's slack tide...crap. I fish for about 30 minutes and say screw it, i'm done. By then it's already 3pm or so. i did throw out 2 shads which instantly came back with out tails. stupid blues wouldnt hit my spoon though. GS ended up going to the light house and got a 22" with his small spot. Not the best day for me but at least the crabs at kent narrows were tasty.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

lots of perch too on the eastern side of the bridge!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Sorry you didn't have any luck. Nice pics though!

Comment

Working...
      X