DC Potomac 5/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Potomac 5/30

The weather was warm and boat traffic was high in DC. Put in at the Marina and had first bite as I headed into the river. First catch was a large mouth bass. The boat traffic was quiet in the shallow water between Reagan and Bolling AFB and I picked up four catfish trolling two deep diving Rapalas. Most were caught on a fire tiger but one caught on blue and silver. Went up to NDU and Haynes point and got into school of small stripers until a series of tour boats seemed to move them or break up the school. Caught two but had multiple strikes. On way back tried some different things with no luck. Finished the day catching another large mouth trolling into the marina. Over all good day and enough fish to keep me paddling.
    Attached Files

I hear you Ed- Boat traffic was rough on the Potomac down south of DC, too- good report- looks like you had some decent catching too.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ede, did you launch from Gravely or the Pentagon Marina area? I'd be interested in joining you on a float in this area sometime soon. Are you aware you have to have a dc boater's safety class, even for a kayak? I'm in the process of finishing mine, found a free one online that takes forever.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I launch from the AF base. I am up for it and most days work for me. I have been stopped many times by DC police they only ask if I have a fishing license and said yak only has to be registered if it is only used in DC. Tell me when you want to head out. I am going today to try some deeper techniques in the channels.

Comment

AF base, eh? I think I can get on, just didn't know I could launch there. I'm not sure of schedule the next few weeks, but after work would be fun one day. We'll have to plan it. Let us know how the next trip goes. River looked good this morning.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X