Corolla, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corolla, NC

I am going to be in Corolla, NC for vacation June 20-27. From what I have read online, the sound that far north is practically fresh water and the fish are non existent. I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience Yak fishing the area. Is it worth it for me to haul my kayak down there or should I just stick to surf fishing? I guess my other option would be to head south towards Oregon Inlet but that is quite a hike considering I am just trying to get a few hours of fishing in here and there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is a great place to launch your kayak from at the Corolla Light. I've wanted to kayak fish there, but have not done it yet. We have stayed in Duck and kayak fished there. There is also a kayak launch on the sound side in Duck at the city park. In Duck we have caught redfish and black drum from the sound. We have also fished the Army Corp of Engineers pier and caught blues and speckled trout there. If I was staying in Corolla, I'd give the fishing a try on the sound side.

Comment

Thanks. I was leaning toward taking the Yak as I know I would kick myself for not taking it. The launch in Duck sounds promising and I believe it is just a short drive from Corolla. I'll give the Corolla launch a try as well if nothing else to just paddle some new water. I plan on stopping by Corolla Bait and Tackle to talk shop. From what I hear they will point me in the right direction.

Comment

There's also one or two bait and tackle shops in Duck. The launch from the Duck City Park involves a long carry along the wooden piers to get to the kayak launch. The Corolla Light Park launch looks much shorter and easier. The area in Corolla really looks like a great place to paddle.

Comment

Stayed in corolla last summer/fall and booked a trip with Rob alderman. Worth the money. We hit the flats for reds.
          Jason

Comment

Ive stayed in Corolla a few times and the surf fishing wasnt all that great in the early summer. I will definitely be opting for the yak the next time I go.
            Mike

Comment

Ill be staying in kill devil hills this July and bringing the yak. I'm booked with Rob Alderman as well.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I'll be down in rodanthe July 4th through the 11th so I definitely will be bringing the kayak hopefully.

Comment

I'll be in nags head July 4th to the 11th also. Can't wait. Fish on!
                  2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                  2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                  Rob

Comment

Never been down there with a kayak but I made sure to have a house close enough to fishing. House we are staying at is 100 ft from the rodanthe pier so who can say night fishing as well!

Comment

Hopefully they have it rebuilt by the summer. Anyone know a timeline for when they expect the Rodanthe Pier to be complete?

Comment

End of march they say looking on their Facebook page!

Comment

Originally posted by mdfisherman57 View Post
                          Never been down there with a kayak but I made sure to have a house close enough to fishing. House we are staying at is 100 ft from the rodanthe pier so who can say night fishing as well!
                          Give me a call if you wanna hook up and fish
                          2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                          2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                          Rob

Comment

[quote name="mdfisherman57" post=106648]Never been down there with a kayak but I made sure to have a house close enough to fishing. House we are staying at is 100 ft from the rodanthe pier so who can say night fishing as well![/QUOTE]

Give me a call if you wanna hook up and fish
                            Sounds good to me

Comment

Working...
                            X