Anyone going fishing tomorrow? 5/27?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going fishing tomorrow? 5/27?

Looking to get out and fish tomorrow,im up for fresh or salt.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

I'm planning on waiting until Saturday early morning. Friday forecast looks like thunderstorms and rough waters. I'm going to try for striped bass this weekend since I've never caught one.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

sounds good.

I may join you this weekend, im still itchin for tomorrow though
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I figure everyone who has a powerboat will be out in force this holiday weekend- I may wait it out until next week- depends on the reports I get from my Sis and her husband down on the Potomac- heavy boat traffic drives the fish down and scatters schools plus makes it hard to keep from turtling a kayak from close fast movers buzzing you.

The hot weather will have everyone on the water- and every week we don't have heavy rain clears up the Bay and improves the fishing.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          I figure everyone who has a powerboat will be out in force this holiday weekend- I may wait it out until next week- depends on the reports I get from my Sis and her husband down on the Potomac- heavy boat traffic drives the fish down and scatters schools plus makes it hard to keep from turtling a kayak from close fast movers buzzing you.

The hot weather will have everyone on the water- and every week we don't have heavy rain clears up the Bay and improves the fishing.
          Do you know of any decent spots that are a bit more sheltered from boat traffic? Backwater or main water doesn't matter much to me, as long as the fish are there.
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
            Do you know of any decent spots that are a bit more sheltered from boat traffic? Backwater or main water doesn't matter much to me, as long as the fish are there.
            Boat traffic is rarely a problem on the Potomac around the 301 bridge area. Best launch is Aqualand beside the bridge. Fish the MD shoreline with soft plastic shads from the power plant discharge to the first house south of the plant. You should do well.

Comment

I am going- just haven't figured out which day yet- I want to put the "one that got away" back in the boat- Thanks to Memory Maker's post I ordered a ton of Money Minnows on sale that I want to try along with sassy shads and red and white stretch 25 hard baits.
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
              X