saturday 8.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saturday 8.15

anyone going out?? i was thinking of launching at romancoke or matapeake in search of flounder, but may end up at hemmingways with a possibility of SPSP
    sigpic

Do you mean sat 8/15.....

If so, I'm down. Matapeake is dead though!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

oops. yes, 8.15

matapeake is dead from the pier...not the channel beyond! i'm juzst kinda bored of spsp. would like to go somewhere else, even if we stick to the bridge...

what do you think?

the bridge:

TONIGHT
      SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

SAT
      E WINDS AROUND 5 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

SAT NIGHT
      S WINDS 5 KT. WAVES LESS THAN 1 FT.

SUN
      SW WINDS 5 KT. WAVES LESS THAN 1 FT.

eastern bay

TONIGHT
      SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

SAT
      NE WINDS 5 KT. WAVES LESS THAN 1 FT.

SAT NIGHT
      S WINDS 5 KT. WAVES LESS THAN 1 FT.

SUN
      SE WINDS 5 KT. WAVES LESS THAN 1 FT.

i actually like it when it's kinda rough...makes it more fun..LOL
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I cannot make it. I am actually taking a friend out to catch some crabs off of my canoe this weekend. I will keep an eye on how everyone does....

Comment

I won't be able to get out until Saturday afternoon cause I got to work at the marina in the morning. I might try just south of Breezy Point in Calvert, or I might go back up in Fishing Creek at the RNR as tide is running out and try to snag some rock waiting for the baitfish to come out the fingers. I have yet to try it yet, but the guys at the dock said they've caught some nice rock back in the creek.

Comment

i want to crab off the yak when i have a day off work. i would probably crab around spa creek or somewhere else on the severn river. to you use a trot line or traps?
            sigpic

Comment

I use a trotline off of my canoe. The canoe is 16 feet long with an electric trolling motor. It is a cheap setup to crab. It works great. I can haul two bushels in it, but it can get cramped with all the gear and two crabbers.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                I won't be able to get out until Saturday afternoon cause I got to work at the marina in the morning. I might try just south of Breezy Point in Calvert, or I might go back up in Fishing Creek at the RNR as tide is running out and try to snag some rock waiting for the baitfish to come out the fingers. I have yet to try it yet, but the guys at the dock said they've caught some nice rock back in the creek.

good luck and let us know how you do
                sigpic

Comment

does anglers sell live minnows?
                  Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

^yes
                    sigpic

Comment

i enjoy it when its a little choppy also...seems like the fish bite better than when its calm. but thats just me.

bridge or metapeake is fine. im not really familiar with metapeake but i do have the nautical maps app on my iphone..tight!
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I may join you. Went out of spsp yesterday late afternoon. Had fun with perch on west end of bridge then moved out to the western rockpile of main span (don't know what you call those rockpiles). Rocks came into the rockpile at about 7pm. I caught four from 18-22" and several smaller but there was a boat parked right on the north side of the pile in a hot spot and they hammered fish right up against the rocks until dark. They must have boated 15 nice fish.

Comment

nice job! what were you fishing with? i think everybody calls those the eastern/western rockpiles
                          sigpic

Comment

I was using swim baits and bucktails and striking out as the boat 30 ft from me was picking them up every few casts. They appeared to be using jointed rapalas so I switched to one and picked mine up. The fish were really bunched up in the middle of the north side of the rock pile right on top of the rocks. Tough to stay there with the kayak in the current. I eventually anchored up but the run had died off as the current picked up.

Comment

ive only had luck using rubber baits in the fall. summer, i stick to plastics or wood baits

Grilled and i will be launching from hemingways tomorrow
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X