Hobie Horizontal Rod Holder Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie Horizontal Rod Holder Kit

Saw this on Hobie's site and thought I would share... Nice little setup.

http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewt...p?f=26&t=35650
    2010 Hobie Outback

THIS is a rod holder
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
      THIS is a rod holder
      John,

That is the cadillac of rod holders! Worth two cool faces

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfisher View Post
        Saw this on Hobie's site and thought I would share... Nice little setup.

http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewt...p?f=26&t=35650
        Too close to the water. For bay fishing, the water will continually be splashing on the rod and reel.

Comment

That would be good for surf launches though. I have a rod pod on my trident which is really nice in the surf, but if I take the Revo I'd need to do this and put the reel away. It's definitely useful.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by eastonkayaker View Post
            John,

That is the cadillac of rod holders! Worth two cool faces
            Thanks Bryan. Real happy with how it works. Hey, we forgot to try it out on your Revo while we were at JBay. Are you going to the Point Lookout M&G on 6/11?

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              That would be good for surf launches though. I have a rod pod on my trident which is really nice in the surf, but if I take the Revo I'd need to do this and put the reel away. It's definitely useful.
              I dunno. Get kicked around in the surf and slammed on the the bottom that rod would be toast. With the Hobie, in all but the mildest conditions I would suggest 2 piece rods and store 'em below for surf launches/landings...

Comment

My PA has 6 built in the inside of the sitting area where it will not get as wet or spill out if I turtle .......... jus sayin

Comment

Yeah, I think it's nice but a little too close to the water. Maybe if you put a waterproof cover on your reel it would work. I'll have to see it in action before I'm convinced.
                  2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

I don't think the PA is a surf boat...

2 piece might be good, either way it would be a pain to string them up in the waves. I'm gonna stick with the trident for surf launching next weekend most likely. Cobia here I come...
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                      My PA has 6 built in the inside of the sitting area where it will not get as wet or spill out if I turtle .......... jus sayin
                      Those PA's are really built! Super fishing platform. But if you turtle one you probably shouldn't have been out there! Although, if you try it in the surf anything can happen.

Comment

Another way is to mount two U-shaped paddle holders up toward the front of the kayak. I mounted mine on each side of depth finder. Lay the rods with the tip ends in the holder. Then use a strap or bungee, or two, to secure the lower portion of the rods. I use a strap, seems more secure. The butts and reels lay on the storage pod of the Big Game. That way you also have some control if you need to reach for the rods during the launch. I have only used them once for a launch, but hey, they are there if needed again. Works great. The u-shaped holders are also nice to lay a rod in when baiting a rod or removing a fish from a hook. Helps prevent the accidental loss of a rod over the side.

Now for everyday use, I have upright rod holders on my crate.

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                          Those PA's are really built! Super fishing platform. But if you turtle one you probably shouldn't have been out there! Although, if you try it in the surf anything can happen.
                          ...... Yeah but it's kinda hard to out run a weather change or change in wave patterns when your top speed is @ 6 mph .......... especially around the CBBT ........... waves go from flat calm to 2 ftrs or more in less than 1/2 hour

Comment

Working...
                          X