Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some good places to launch/fish in Delaware salt or fresh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some good places to launch/fish in Delaware salt or fresh?

where are some good spots? I'm new to Delaware and am looking for some local spots?

thanks
    Danny

Revo 13 and Sun Dolphin Excursion 10

When you get your fishing license next year 2015 pick up the guide to fishing Delaware. All the public pond and public ramp access areas are listed for the entire state
    if you get your license from Eastern Marine in Newark DE you can also pick up the Maryland guide to fishing and a md fishing license.

Comment

I've never had a bad trip here:

http://www.destateparks.com/park/trap-pond/
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Cape Henlopen State Park is my favorite place to fish the salt in DE, then again its the only place Ive fished in DE...
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

thanks guys yea i have both MD and Delaware licenses currently. and have fished cape but only for sharks from the surf but kayaking the bait out. i haven't been there to fish anything else so ill have to give it a try. and thanks for trap pond ill have to give it a try

thanks for your help
          Danny

Comment

I think all here would agree that CHSP is an awesome place to kayak fish, you could catch 7+ different species in the same couple hours, all while not getting too beat up by the surf. The inner wall is a great place to start, then on nice days head out to the outer wall. You'll also see tons of dolphins, a few sea turtles, and in the spring you can see the migrating seals. I would venture to say its a magical place that continues to create great memories for my entire family. Welcome to the board!
            Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

dseany,

If your in Northern Delaware check out Noxontown Pond in Middletown. The downside of Noxontown Pond is its closed from November-Febuary. Opens in March for Sundays only until July where is open all the time. Lums Pond is also another nice pond in Northern Delaware. I attched a few of the bass i got at noxontown pond. Good

Andrew
              Last edited by andrew; 12-23-2014, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks Andrew and everyone else for you input. Not it just needs to warm up the ponds are starting to freeze over!
                Danny

Comment

Originally posted by dseany View Post
                  where are some good spots? I'm new to Delaware and am looking for some local spots?

thanks
                  I've fished records pond and trussum. I've also heard good things about trap pond. I've made two videos on my YouTube channel at trussum pond. You can check out Gregory Blanchard's YouTube channel. He has a few videos shot at Delaware locations. Just search his name in YouTube.

Just check out the link below!
                  Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
                  Tarpon 120
                  Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                  25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
                  Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Working...
                  X