Torque trolling crate (part one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque trolling crate (part one)

So ive been working on the extending range/ how to keep umbrellas and tandem lures orderly because they are a real pain in the A. heres what ive been workin on.

heres the crate and the plug goes in here:

workin on sealing it to be some what water tight, inline fuse should help some.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Looks good! I think I'm going to use the same plug for my livewell. What keeps the battery dry?

As long as you're out there acquiring crates you should make one with a lid for when it's rough out. Expect to have to sit side saddle to get stuff out, but it will give you some reassurance about losing your stuff. I don't have a picture of my crate anymore but mmannolis did a good write up when he got his trident 15 on here. Just cut the bottom off another crate, sand, drill holes, and zip tie. It's pretty quick. I used a bungee last year but I'm trying a tarp ball now which you can see in this picture. I also have a small plug bag on the front that I can detach for wade fishing or grabbing a plug. I carry a lot of lures, too much, but I like to be prepared. I'm probably going to try to get away from the crate on the hobie, but we'll see.
    Attached Files
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

How dry does the battery have to be? If I keep the studs on the top dry and not the plastic it should suffice right? Im workin on a way to have the battery exposed but seal all connections.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Hmm not sure since I don't have an electric... But salt eats everything so better protect that investment I'd say. Maybe it would fit in a large dry bag? Just run the plug out and then roll up the battery and place it in the crate?
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Interesting take...hmmm...dry bag...hmmm
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
          X