Records pond bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records pond bass

I fished records pond for the first time saturday in a delaware paddle sports kayak tournament, first thing in the morning the air temp was 26 degrees while the water was 44. Managed to crank out 4 bass and taking 3rd place. To me it Seemed like the fish had lock jaw for any kind of plastics, and with a shallow barren pond i figured the best way to cover alot of water would be to crank for them since i left all my spinnerbaits home. Good group of guys to fish with, Friendly environment. I get to learn more about Delaware fishing spots fishing this tournament series so thats a plus.
    Attached Files
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Nicely done there. The one is pretty bloodied up.

Mobile

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Thanks, yeah that fish swallowed my whole crankbait. Luckily i keep sprite on hand, got my crank out poured alil sprite on the wound, and it swam away full of energy. Hopefully its still kicking.
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole

Comment

Very nice! What is the Sprite trick? I've never heard of that one.
        Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Carbonated water clots the blood so the fish doesn't loose so much when u gill hook them.
          Jason

Comment

Well done. Nice to get the bass reports.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
              Carbonated water clots the blood so the fish doesn't loose so much when u gill hook them.
              This is so good to know. Maybe a stupid question, but would carbonated water do the same? I kicked soda a month ago and drink carbonated water instead. There is no sugar in it, so I wonder if it has the same coagulating properties.
              Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
              Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                This is so good to know. Maybe a stupid question, but would carbonated water do the same? I kicked soda a month ago and drink carbonated water instead. There is no sugar in it, so I wonder if it has the same coagulating properties.
                I think so. I dont think the sugar has anything to do with it. I think the carbonated soda hits the gills and something happens with the blood vessels in the gill plate that make them shrink up and stop bleeding. The fish prolly feels a burning sensation but atleast it will be able to swim away rather then bleed out
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                X