Where to get a milk crate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a milk crate?

I have been searching for a good place to get a milk crate for the back of my kayak, but I can't find a place that sells them. Does anyone know where I can pick one up (for a good price of course)?

office depot.....walmart....it cost less than $5

Comment

Saw some at West Marine in annapolis the other day.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

7/11's usually have them stacked outside or by the dumpster...lol and I'm not insinuating that's how I got mine... ha

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
          7/11's usually have them stacked outside or by the dumpster...lol and I'm not insinuating that's how I got mine... ha
          That's where I got mine. Most people will just give you one if you ask nicely, and there are a lot places that have them so just keep asking. I hear the container store sells them for like $10. I got an orange one from wawa and several from dunkin doughnuts. I definitely recommend getting two and making a lid out of the other one.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
            Saw some at West Marine in annapolis the other day.
            west marine stuff are usually overpriced, just go to office depot

Comment

Also check your local recycling center... last time I went they had a ton!

MYT

Comment

I found mine in the city. In fact, once you start looking for them, you'll see them laying all around the place. I asked my dad if he had one and he said, "just walk up the street." Sure enough, there were 2 off them within a block of his business abandoned in the alley way.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

I got one of the oversized crates at, I think it is melmac. They are online. The larger crates make things easier. If the name if not correct, just type in milk crates in your search box. The last time I found them that way they came up on the second page. You have to order a minimum of three, but the crates are the heavy duty type. They come in a dark grey color.

If the group is interested, I think if you order twenty five, you can have them customized. The ones I got are dark gray.

Comment

thanks for the 7-11 hint....not sayin i used it..
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                    X