Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHSP Pier Closed until Repairs Completed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP Pier Closed until Repairs Completed...

Just a heads up to any that may be fishing FROM the pier...

http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/new...osed/18012645/

We are still good to launch and use the restrooms.
    Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Thx for the info, hmm now I need to find new place to catch me stone crabs for tog bait...
    "Be like water my friend"

12 Hobie outfitter

Comment

That's interesting.

Depending on how long it is closed or if they build a new structure somewhere else, this may be a good thing for kayakers next summer. I've caught a lot of flounder around the pier, most notably around the T. I always wanted to fish closer to the tip of the active pier but the pier fisherman create quite a web with their lines. This may free up the area...

Thanks Dan
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Yea it can only be a good thing for kayakers. Based on that article it sounds like the repairs could take some time and I don't know if they'll be able to work on it in the winter.
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Might find fishing around the T difficult based on the article "The T-head portion of the pier was demolished in 2012 after its deteriorated condition was thought to pose a threat to safety and navigation"
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nah the flounders love hiding down there in that snaggy mess of demolished T pier. And croakers. Millions of croakers.
            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
              Nah the flounders love hiding down there in that snaggy mess of demolished T pier. And croakers. Millions of croakers.
              More like BILLIONS of croakers!

Comment

So true! LOL

The first time I fished there was after they demolished it and it was a perfect habitat. You may loose a lot of tackle and bend your fins (I cringe every time I remember that), but its worth it because of the good bite!
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
                X