My Crate (ever evolving)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Crate (ever evolving)

So i decided to do a thread on my crate. It seems everytime i go out i findout im missing something or i could add one piece to make my life easier. So far ive added 4 rod holders to the crate as i have discovered that to pull a stetch 25 or a 2/4 tandem requires a heavier rod than my normal rods. I also have a casting rod and 2 bait soakers depending on how the day goes. Here are some pictures:

The bait tank becomes storage when not being used as such. the stern light runs off the same battery the bilge pump runs on and there are two switches on the battery box you see pictured. so far this crate has worked beautiful. I tested out the pump and was able to keep a croaker alive for 5 hours (i took out after that and he went into the cooler).

Im sure this project is far from finished and that i will find something new to add shortly. Just thought id share it. (the stern light folds up and down so its out of the way when i dont need it.)
    Last edited by Pinch; 05-13-2011, 04:11 PM. Reason: forgot somthin
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

That's a really sweet set-up. Compact and professional-looking.

Did you have any luck on at PAXNAS yesterday?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

What type of kayak do you use this on?

And could you list where you got some of the stuff; bait bucket, pump, light, battery setup..

Thanks

Comment

it is unreal how fast you have gotten your boat together. congrats.
        Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Originally posted by mdmakaira410 View Post
          it is unreal how fast you have gotten your boat together. congrats.
          +1

Looking great!
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Dang that's nice .......... you military guys do more by 9 than I do all month ....... .......... love how everything fits perfectly ...... great job dude .........

Comment

you should see the sweet sliding rack he put on this week, really nice

Comment

That's awesome... I've been "building" a bait tank since this winter but can't seem to ever find the time. I got the pump the other day so shouldn't be long now. Where did you put your outflow?
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

there is a drain cut onto the container, you cant see it b/c of the crate..
                  Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                  X