Pinch Gets Personal Best Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinch Gets Personal Best Bass

Pinch and I went to little Seneca Lake at Black Hills Lake Park in Montgomery County on Monday afternoon. Weather was absolutely perfect.

I fished with fly rod and bait caster; Pinch went with light spin gear fishing mostly little jig heads as propounded by EastonKayaker.

Score:

Pinch landed over 20 crappie and wrestled in a personal best 3 lb large mouth.

Me: Zero, zilch, nada, nothin, skunk

I intended to use spin gear that day but broke the tip off my BassPro Extreme while trying to replace the guide. Went to Walmart and picked up a $50 Phlueger combo rod and reel. When I started to string it up at the boat ramp, noticed that the handle had dropped off somewhere between the store and the ramp. Went back to Walmart for a replacement that evening, and found that all the Phlueger's and maybe most of the rest were missing cranks. Another reason I patronize BassPro whenever possible. Just wish it were a little closer.

Congrats, Pinch. Great day on the water.

Good job Pinch! I hope to hook up with you soon on the water.....

Comment

Sweet!
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

good catch

Comment

senaca lake

NICE FISH, do you need any sort of permit to fish there. (other than normal md license)What sort of lures were you using. I find that panther martins (tiny ) work well on lakes after the bass have come off their beds.

Comment

anyone going anywhere tomorrow? i was thinkin about the occaquan or something more salty
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Congrats Pinch! Black hill is like 5 minutes from my job, I've fished from shore there a many of days I couldn't make it to the bay. I keep telling myself that I'm gonna put the yak on top the car and go one evening after work... but that has yet to happen! LOL

MYT

Comment

nice job Pinch!
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Congrats !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post
                    Pinch and I went to little Seneca Lake at Black Hills Lake Park in Montgomery County on Monday afternoon. Weather was absolutely perfect.

I fished with fly rod and bait caster; Pinch went with light spin gear fishing mostly little jig heads as propounded by EastonKayaker.

Score:

Pinch landed over 20 crappie and wrestled in a personal best 3 lb large mouth.

Me: Zero, zilch, nada, nothin, skunk

I intended to use spin gear that day but broke the tip off my BassPro Extreme while trying to replace the guide. Went to Walmart and picked up a $50 Phlueger combo rod and reel. When I started to string it up at the boat ramp, noticed that the handle had dropped off somewhere between the store and the ramp. Went back to Walmart for a replacement that evening, and found that all the Phlueger's and maybe most of the rest were missing cranks. Another reason I patronize BassPro whenever possible. Just wish it were a little closer.

Congrats, Pinch. Great day on the water.

You guys should hit me up sometime...I'm in Montgomery County myself. Where exactly is that lake? What city? Is it in Seneca Creek State Park? Again, let me know would love to join you guys!

Comment

Nice work! Congrats...

Comment

Originally posted by shockaholick View Post
                        You guys should hit me up sometime...I'm in Montgomery County myself. Where exactly is that lake? What city? Is it in Seneca Creek State Park? Again, let me know would love to join you guys!
                        Hey Shock, thats Black hill regional park. You can pop it into Google Maps and it will come up. Its FREE to get into the park and there a numerous places to launch. If you launch inside the park, I'm not sure if there is a cost, but there is also a non trailered launch that is right outside the park that you have to put $5 in a box.(Its the circle down to the left right off of 121. Its a great park, I have never taken my yak down there but I have fished from shore. I hope the map helps you out some!

Comment

see the 3 docks just below the "a" waypoint? i caught the bass there
                          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Hey Pinch,
                            I would love to meet up with you guys...when are you guys going again? I'm still waiting on my outriggers, but as soon as I get them I"m ready to go! If the outriggers don't work (i'm sure they will) then I'm selling my hobie quest. I just don't like instability of how much it sways right and left. I know its due to my height and weight. But I'm crossing fingers that the outriggers will help!

Comment

some of us are heading out to chesapeake beach tomorrow.
                              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                              X