Goats Island 5/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goats Island 5/9

Mytime and I headed out to Ferry's Cove today looking for croaker! Owner of Lowes Wharf told us there were a few around but it was a little early. We launched about noon. Low tide was at 4:00 pm. We didn't see any fish at all in the usual spot I fish. Decided to head further south along the shore looking for perch. Fished an area niether of us had fished. About 2:30 we finally got our first fish. A 17 1/2" striper just north of Goat Island in 6' of water. Actually caught it on the exact same jighead I used Saturday at the meet and greet. Fishing was good for about 60 minutes then it turned off. We both caught a few small stripers. Beautiful day on the water, maybe a 1-2 ft swell out of the NW.

very nice, went over to KI for mothers day and the bay looked like crap. very dirty. Hemingway's looks like they have opened or will very soon

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      very nice, went over to KI for mothers day and the bay looked like crap. very dirty. Hemingway's looks like they have opened or will very soon
      Hemingways was open when I went by Saturday, I think it may have been there first day, place was packed. It is time for someone to stop by see if they will let us launch.

Comment

Working...
      X