Chesapeake Beach - No Stripers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Beach - No Stripers

Saturday afternoon I met a buddy of mine from work at Chesapeake Beach and we fished for stripers from his power boat. We brought my 13 year old son and I was hoping that he would be able to land a fish. We fished for about 6 hours and only hooked up with one fish. Unfortunately the fish came off after a minute or two before it could be landed. It was a really nice day to be on the water, but honestly it was kinda boring just trolling around looking at marks on the sonar unit. I guess it wouldn't have been boring if we hooked up with a bunch of fish though. Anyway, it was a neat experience and maybe we'll get out with him this fall when the big fish return.

Sorry about the skunk. I don't have much patience for trolling from a boat, either, and the guys I fish with from boats gave up trolling because of the boredom factor. Trolling from a kayak, on the other hand, is a lot more fun.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

we need the may worms they are all feeding on to leave so they bite more.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
        Sorry about the skunk. I don't have much patience for trolling from a boat, either, and the guys I fish with from boats gave up trolling because of the boredom factor. Trolling from a kayak, on the other hand, is a lot more fun.
        Ditto! I will troll from the boat a couple times each spring but I go with light, 25lb class rods and only 4 of them when I do. Never broom sticks. Not near as much fun as LTJ'ing, plugging or trolling from the kayak.

Comment

Working...
        X