10/11 Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/11 Anyone?

I'll be at CHSP 10/11, anyone going to be around? I usually try to get out their at first light depending on which tackle shop has the bait. I've seen a lot of great reports for Tog as well as Sheepshead at the walls. I've never fished for sheepshead...what baits are folks using? My other thought is to do a little trolling with some new umbrella rigs I picked up, see if there are any rocks around yet.
    Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

I'm planning on being there! If wind and waves are light I'd like to try making it to the outer wall. I've seen reports from charter boats fishing out there coming back with limit catches of tog and a few sheepies. I'd assume the baits are the same for both: green crabs and shrimp. Trolling around seems like a good idea, I've also seen reports of small blues off the point and other beaches so they're around at least.

Comment

I think I am heading for CHSP.
      Charter boats fish the Hay Stack, I think not CHSP Wall. I have tried to catch striper. But so far zero catches. When I dove I saw a few stripers under 20". Though I saw two stripers were speared at the light house (point) at the Outer Wall.
      I am bringing a pound of shrimp and 6 blue crab for Tog. I don't expect other species. I will bring buck-tail and Gulp Mullet for flounder.

joe
      Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-07-2014, 05:16 AM.
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

joe, the reports I saw were from the katydid out of lewes marina. they specifically stated the outer wall in their reports.

Comment

Originally posted by RxForFishin View Post
          joe, the reports I saw were from the katydid out of lewes marina. they specifically stated the outer wall in their reports.
          Thanks. That's a good news. Has the water temp dropped a lot? In that case, we don't have to go to the Outer Wall. The Inner Wall may hold a good number of tog.
          I hope the wind cooperates.

Joe
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

I thought it was illegal to spear striper...
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              I really wish I could go, but can't make it
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing, Outer Wall has some good activity. If the winds are low I'm down. I went to the outer wall a few weeks ago and it was plain dumb on my part, haha. Easily 4 ft seas coming through between the lighthouse and the cape point. I do think I found a honey hole at the inner wall as well, 95% of my fish were caught on the outside where the stones change, a few snags but some nice fish.

As far as trolling there is an awesome 15' lump at the far end of the outer wall but that is a good distance, easy when we go my Pop's boat, not so easy in the kayak, ha. These came in the mail yesterday...maybe a little early but might be worth a shot...

Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                  I think there is no regulations in spearing stripers in Delaware Bay, tidal or ocean. I asked a ranger once. The size restrictions in the river and the ocean are different in summer. According to the spear-fishermen, the water from the point at the light house toward Ocean City, MD is not considered as the Bay water. There must be a border line. Come to think of it I caught 1 striper at 22 inch once in the middle of the ocean side this year. A guy on a jon boat said I had to release the striper because he thought I caught in the Ocean water. Well he was the only one fishing that time. I released the striper. Later other fishermen told me that I caught the striper in the Delaware Bay. So the 22" striper was possible legal that time. I asked a ranger when I came back. But the ranger didn't know the border line.
                  I want to verify the border line.

joe
                  Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-08-2014, 05:51 AM.

Comment

10/11 Anyone?

I plan on being there sat but in a 20' boat. I've been there on the beach surf fishing the past two weekends. We caught a bunch of small blues, skates and a couple sharks. I've never been there in a boat or kayak so we shall see how I do. I topped off the boat for $95 so I hope I get something out of it.

I only have a native ultimate and wouldn't feel comfortable out there in my kayak.

I will definitely have room for one more person and maybe more depending on how many friends bail if someone is interested. We will probably get there around 8-8:30 in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                    2015 Coosa HD
                    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Does anyone know where Delaware River/Bay end?

I can't find the line between Delaware River and Atlantic Ocean. Does anyone know? Perhaps DE natural resource never defined it like MD and VA. For example, CBBT is well within tidal/ocean water line by miles.

DE fishermen,
                      Can you check or ask boaters? Depending on the line, The outer wall may be in the Atlantic Ocean, or partially. It matters only in summer for striper regulations, but I am curious.

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

I'll check with Joe at LHM on Saturday.
                        Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

Originally posted by coastal_dan View Post
                          I'll be at CHSP 10/11, anyone going to be around? I usually try to get out their at first light depending on which tackle shop has the bait. I've seen a lot of great reports for Tog as well as Sheepshead at the walls. I've never fished for sheepshead...what baits are folks using? My other thought is to do a little trolling with some new umbrella rigs I picked up, see if there are any rocks around yet.
                          Seems like winds are not terrible in the early am and the wind picks up to 14 or so from the North later in the morning. I'll be there til I can't stand the wind any more. =)
                          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Looks like it'll be a wader and splash jacket day...darn rain. Oh well, any fishing is better than not.
                            Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

Anyone know what the earliest time is that we can get into the park to launch? CHSP website says the park doesn't open until 8am.

Comment

Working...
                              X