6 Species Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Species Today

Ran across a fellow kayaker a couple days ago, Mytime, (Ron), he invited me to fish the Choptank out of Denton up to Chapel Creek this morning but tide was very high, ramp and parking lot were flooded. Fortunatley Ron had a plan B. Put in the water at the Greensboro park, further up the Choptank. This is Ron's fishing area, I had never fished there before.

Tide was still very high took a while for the fish to become active but once they did fishing was very good. We caught, pickerel, herring (my first), catfish, white perch, yellow perch, sunfish.

I was suprised how well the herring fought on light tackle.
    Attached Files

6 species in one day is pretty awesome. Sounds like a nice day on the water, too.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

very cool.

Comment

Very nice mixed bag you got there. I don't think there is a river within 100 miles of us that's not flooded. Rain is nice but i am SICK of it.

Comment

Nice job! Love the variety. To add to Mike's comment...SICK of all the wind, too! The Potomac has been high and muddy for as long a time than I can remember. Really messed up the April shad run for me...

Comment

Working...
          X