Uh...Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh...Christmas?

So i came home from afghanistan and my parents had bought me a kayak as a welcome home gift....OK Torque. i had been talking about getting a kayak the whole year i was gone and they just went ahead and did it. SOOOO long story short i started Drilling and then i found a saw and some other tools and heres some pics.

Sorry pics are from cell phone. hopefully i can get out on the water soon, heading to west marine tomorrow for some more odds and ends. Might surf fish from SPSP who knows.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Welcome home!!! Kayak is looking great! Lights and tape should help for night fishing for sure. Torques seem like great boats, I have the nonmotorized version (trident) and I'm very happy with the performance so I can only imagine how much better it would be with out paddling!

When's the first trip planned?
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

um

any suggestions for protected calm waters that are not a lake?
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

welcome home! and congrats on the yak very nice. johanas green park in annapolis is a calm launch site most days, good for a shake down run

Comment

Welcome back and congrats on the new yak. She looks pretty sweet all decked out. I like the reflective tape. I thought about doing that but wasn't sure how it would hold up. I'll be curious to see how it does on your yak.

I can't remember where you said you lived, but Spa Creek in Annapolis is pretty protected, and you can launch at Truxtun Park. If you want to fish in the Severn, you can launch at Jonas Green Park and probably have a shot at some stripers.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Welcome back, and congrats on the Torque. You're gonna love it!! Glad to see another one locally. I like the bow lights. I was looking at some while at Bass Pro last week.
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

What battery did you end up going with?
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Welcome home man.....that thing looks saweet!
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Welcome back and thank you for your service.

You are going to love that Kayak. MetroMan has been giving his quite the shakedown and i have not read one complaint from him about its performance. Heck he even gives other's free rides

I might have to steal your idea and add some reflective tape up front. Is that the standard 3M stuff from home depot?

Now get the baby on the water and post some fish pics

Comment

thanks

Metro, the battery is a 73ah from bps, weighs like 50lbs. the fishfinder is the 385ci and the switch to turn the bowlights on is in the battery box.

The relfective tape is some "waterproof" tape, held up well today at Centenial lake in Howard county.

I'm thinking about hitting the Severn or Jonas now but have never been to either?

ANYONE FREE TOMORROW?

going to SPSP for some Surf action tonight
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Try Rocky Point in Balto County ........ large and open but fairly protected ...... was there on Sat ........ launch from the second ramp ..... no one uses it and it's on the open water ......

Comment

Working...
                      X