SPSP Report 4/30, Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPSP Report 4/30, Saturday

Wx forecast looked good so I went out. It turned out mostly cloudy, windy and choppy. Smallcraft advisory was out, but I hit the water anyway (about noon). The waves keep going over the bow and sides of the yak. My nylon pants were wet starting from the launch, and the wind made it colder than expected. I felt uncomfortable fishing because the conditions made me watch the waves (for a possible tip-over or big drenching) rather than enjoy trolling and jigging.

I was planning to troll south of the bridge off Hackett's Point, but the NNE winds and choppy waves told me not to stray too far from launch point. So I went south of the lighthouse, maybe 600 yds north of the bridge. I quit after an hour.

After loading up the car, I walked along the beach. There were about a dozen shore fisherman. I talked to most of them. No one caught anything except this one fellow. He caught a small blue.

Hope next week end is better.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

i was thinking of going out this morning but decided to give my legs a break after the wind and current grady black and i went through this weekend in southern eastern shore. not enjoyable getting beat up by wind and water.

Comment

I was going out again this morning too, but decided last minute not to go because the wx forecast didn't sound too good. Don't want to fight the wind and waves. Yeah, read your story about Eastern. No fun getting beat up.

I'll be out this weekend, wx permitting.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks for the recap.

The start of this year has been rough on the bay. I have sat in my house several times and talked my self out of hitting the water because of the exact same conditions. I need to sack up and hit the water

Comment

Working...
        X