Chsp 8/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chsp 8/24

Fished dark to dark. Wanted to hit the outer wall for tog / triggers / sheephead but the conditions weren't conducive to fishing the outer wall. Made it out there and caught a few croakers and a clear nose skate on sand fleas but that was it. Fought my way back in to the inner wall, actually paddled the majority of it so I could brace while surfing down the waves, and spent the rest of the day looking for some flounder. Fished both sides of the inner wall, the pier west of the CHSP pier and the riprap by the ferry launch. Lost a 20 incher and caught a 15 incher by the lighthouse, a 16.5 incher by the bend, lost a nice fish by the private pier and chucked back a bunch of croaker and toads. First fish of the day was actually an eel and I also caught my personal best spot at almost 10.5 inches… Fish finder was reading 74-78 degrees in its wet well, best bite seemed to be at the beginning of the tides and water quality sucked overall, less than 2 feet of visibility for most of the day.
    Last edited by chimo; 08-25-2014, 03:08 PM.

Very nice, crazy sized eel. Thanks for the update.
    Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

That's a big spot.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Nice fish, nice report. Thanks.
        Ride 135 Green
        Big Tuna Orange
        12ft Bote HD
        Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

I keep wondering when triggers will show up in numbers. So far, not like last year. Thanks for the report.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice going Chimo - What did you catch the flounder on?
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

That's a big spot! And the flounder seems to have an extra long tail. At this point the trigs probably won't come in to the walls, seems the water temps are already on a downward swing...
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Guy at the bait shop said people had been catching some triggers along with the occasional sheepshead for what that's worth.
                Chex, the flounder all came on 4 inch chartreuse and pink gulp on a high low rig, tight to cover.

Comment

Chimo, Awesome pictures and fish. That's a nice big spot. Thanks for the report. I've been wanting to get down there all year.
                  <MIKE>
                  Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
                  Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Cool report. Those are some ugly fish!

Comment

Working...
                    X