Florida fishing Roadtrip August 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida fishing Roadtrip August 2014

Check out the blog for the latest in my fishing adventures and some cool pictures and congratulations to two of our own.

Someone caught a sailfish......

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...-2014.html?m=1

sounds like a blast! I have to get down to florida with the kayak, hell, my brother lives in ft Lauderdale!
    sigpic

Comment

Sweet! How far off shore* and how deep were the sailfish and king mackerel caught? Were they caught trolling?

Looks like you had a great trip!

*edit for clarification: "shore" can be seen in the picture(s), just not sure how far away it is, and how deep was the water where caught.l
      Last edited by Cowpokey; 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Nice going, Matt. I bet seeing that sail caught was a cool experience.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Wow you got quite a variety of fishing squeezed into a 1 week road trip!
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            Sweet! How far off shore* and how deep were the sailfish and king mackerel caught? Were they caught trolling?

Looks like you had a great trip!

*edit for clarification: "shore" can be seen in the picture(s), just not sure how far away it is, and how deep was the water where caught.l
            We were fishing from 70-220 ft depths. It was anywhere from 1-2 miles off. We drifted from one launch point to another and just rode the stream. Drifted live gogs with wire stinger rigs with 60# flouro leaders. While we drifted we jigged heavy butterfly jigs.

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
              Nice going, Matt. I bet seeing that sail caught was a cool experience.
              It was cool except I wanted to be the one catching it. One of my gogs definitely got swiped by a sail. I reeled it back in after a short drag run and it was dead with a slice from a bill. I left it out there and free spooked it hoping to connect, but it never came back for the bite.

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                sounds like a blast! I have to get down to florida with the kayak, hell, my brother lives in ft Lauderdale!

Roadtrip!!! When we going?

Comment

Working...
                X