Easter Morning Liberty Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Morning Liberty Reservoir

Went out for a nice early morning paddle around to see how the reservoir is looking

A little shaky at the beginning, sorry for that.
    Liberty Reservoir

A view underwater showing what I was working with.
    Underwater View

Saw a bunch of big bass hanging off the points and on downed trees, I wish I had a fish finder right about now

Nice vids- clear,good definition- beautiful lake-

Did you catch anything?
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Yes if you count getting it to the boat and touching it then it releasing itself nice 4lb bass. There were some hogs there too, but I didnt get any of them. Benefit to having a yak and clear water is you can sneak up on them and see your prey

Comment

Originally posted by jarradw View Post
        Yes if you count getting it to the boat and touching it then it releasing itself nice 4lb bass. There were some hogs there too, but I didnt get any of them. Benefit to having a yak and clear water is you can sneak up on them and see your prey
        I will be sending off for my permit today. Then maby we could meet up and do some bass fishing. you can show me the good spots.

Comment

Of course I can post up my gps tracks later and show some spots on there too. About the permit, I have gotten so many mixed answers about that even from DNR. What is the deal, do we need it if the boat is unpowered and under a certain length?

Comment

Originally posted by jarradw View Post
            Of course I can post up my gps tracks later and show some spots on there too. About the permit, I have gotten so many mixed answers about that even from DNR. What is the deal, do we need it if the boat is unpowered and under a certain length?
            you can go on the website for the form and send it in, it cost $60.00 for the year., you will get a ticket without one. it is a pain in the butte because you have to fill out the form and then send a SASE to get the permit back.

Comment

Guess I better get one after all then Glad you said something.

Comment

Originally posted by fjarhead View Post
                I will be sending off for my permit today. Then maby we could meet up and do some bass fishing. you can show me the good spots.
                Just FYI ------- You have to sign a paper saying that you will only use your Yak at Prettyboy, Liberty and Loch Raven ............

Most people ignore it but the DNR Have been known to give tickets (so I've heard ) never saw 1 though

Comment

Wow, that lake looks awesome. It looks like it was a nice day out there, too.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Water Clarity

Wow the water clarity in Liberty is fantastic! I have been fishing Triadelphia and Rocky Gorge reservoirs for the past month and both of those reservoirs are heavily stained with maybe a maximum visibility of 1 foot.

Comment

The water there is almost always that clear, usually about 20 feet of visibility or so. IT makes it rather difficult for a muddy water fisherman like me Have to change things up a bit but the random stripers are worth it

Comment

Here are the pics from the morning as well :

Liberty Reservoir

Comment

Working...
                        X