Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for a newbie ?

Hey Gang,

Greetings. I'm a fairly new kayak angler and even newer to the salt. I'll be heading down to our place in OCMD in a couple days and am really interested in fishing Indian River Bay for flounder. Seems to be a lot of powerboat traffic down by the inlet. Was wondering if anyone had ever launched from and fished the area around Holts Landing SP ? Any thoughts/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Auggy

Boat traffic in OC MD is always pretty bad. Ive never launched out of Holts landing but a lot of us launch at sunset marina and fish the Assateague or 50 bridge.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Thanks M_D . Where is this sunset marina you speak of? Also, "the Assateague? I scoped out OCMD bay (Isle of Wight) on google maps, but didn't see any launch areas evident. I'm heading down Wednesday morning for a couple days. I'll find some place to launch and fish. :-)

Comment

Sunset marina on sunset road just Google it and you should find it
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

If you go to Isle of Wight hopefully you can hook into this one: LINK TO ARTICLE
          <MIKE>
          Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
          Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Auggy - I just posted my report in the Maryland section squid/bloodworms will get you non-stop croaker action just keep moving until you find them. The tiger shark had no interest in my bloodworms :-)

Comment

Thanks Mike, just made a note to myself to pal an extra pair of clean shorts. Daolai, perhaps the bait wasn't fresh ... (Grin )

Comment

Working...
              X